From Elisson comes this snazzy little Meme. Simply indicate the things you’ve done (or claim to have done) in boldface...
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
.... yeah.... twice.... and we sucked both times.......
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
..... my parents took me down to Florida to visit when I was 12.....
8. Climbed a mountain
.... many, many, many mountains......
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
.... no..... but that is only because they hadn't reopened it when I was there two years ago......
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
.... took the sleeper from Montrose to London and back many, many times.....
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
... built them and then slept in them!....
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
.... my last year of little league?...... I hit 32..... never hit a single one while in high school though..... I think I must have used up my freebies......
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
.... I taught a bunch of guys to climb when I first moved to Scotland...... a friend of mine had taught me while I was in Alaska......
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
....no, but good god, I certainly WANT to.....
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
..... did the Gulf a few times...... and the Bering Sea four times..... caught a very yummy halibut while fishing off of The Kuluk Clipper off Adak.....
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone SCUBA diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
.... only if skirting their airspace counts......
60. Served at a soup kitchen
.... no, never served...... but I have donated to them quite often since moving back to the USA....
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
..... Alaska, 2004..... took the Alaskan Railway out to Whittier and then cruised out to see the whales......
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
.... no.... but it IS on the horizon......
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
.... hey, what?.... I'm from Tennessee....
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
..... all of my fingers at least once..... playing baseball for fifteen years - as a catcher - well, your fingers are going to take a beating.....
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
..... and I never intend to do it again....
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
..... many, many times...
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
.... hung out and had a few beers with Sam Elliot once at DFW....... shook James Taylor's hand backstage in Edinburgh once after his concert...... enjoyed both experiences very much.....
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
....my Dad died back in 2001....
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
.... only once I started attending blogmeets and needed to be guided in via a friendly voice.... but now?...... it is a vital communication tool......
99. Been stung by a bee
.... more times than I can remember... and hated it every single time...... my three top fears?.... Zombies, sharks, and bumblebees......
100. Read an entire book in one day
.... most definitely....
...... life is a puzzle and a journey, or so I am told....... I see that there are a LOT of things that I still need to do before I pop my proverbial clogs and check out....... and that is a GOOD thing.....
on November 25, 2008
Good stuff. I have this meme in my hip pocket for future use.
Zombies, sharks, and bumblebees, eh? I smell PhotoShop...
...and you'll have your shot at a total eclipse in August 2017, when one will pass directly over your house in Englewood, TN...
I need to do this one too . . . later though. Sleep is on the horizon for now.
61 out of 100. Now its time I should also post my list so that I can get a score of 100.
This is really long list and it sure is very exciting to these things but I do not think that I will be able to get so much time out of my busy schedule and I wish luck to those who dare to do it.